PCGB National Show Regulations
The National Championship Show is held under The Poultry Club of Great Britain rules with the following additions:
- During this time of increased risk to our national flock, any bird showing signs of respiratory disease during inspection will be prohibited from entering the gathering. In addition, all other birds from the same owner and/or place of origin will also be excluded. This measure is a recommendation from the authorities responsible for the control and prevention of notifiable avian diseases in the UK. Entry fees will not be refunded when birds are excluded on health grounds. Bio-security rules and prevention measures for Avian disease must be adhered to by all exhibitors.
- All birds must enter in clean carriers/boxes with clean bedding. All carriers/boxes must be solid sided and/or secured in such a fashion that bedding cannot fall out of out of carriers during transit/entry.
- Cockerel and pullet classes refer to birds hatched on, or after, 1 January 2019.
- No bird from a trio or pair is eligible for single bird specials. A trio or pair is classed as one exhibit and must remain intact.
- Exhibits may be delivered to the Show Hall between 16:00 and 19:30 hours on Friday, 29th November 2019 or between 06:30 and 08:30 hours on Saturday, 30th November 2019. Last admittance on Friday 29th November 2019 is 19:30. Show hall closes at 20:00. No admittance outside these times without prior permission of the show manager.
- Exhibitors must complete the declaration form before admittance to the show.
- All birds must be penned by 08:30 hours on Saturday. No late admittance.
- Feeding and watering will be the responsibility of the exhibitor. Breed Clubs will check that unattended exhibits are fed and watered. Feed will be provided.
- No exhibits may be removed before 15:15 hours on Sunday, or until all the birds are accounted for. Only the show manager can give the go-ahead to release birds from the show hall. Egg exhibits can be boxed from 14:30.
- No classes will be cancelled, amalgamated, or divided.
- The appointed judge will award the Breed Club Specials reserved for Breed Club Members, the distribution of the Specials will be the responsibility of the various Clubs concerned.
- PCGB Trophy cards will be placed on relevant pens.
- Exhibits entered in incorrect classes are liable to be excluded from competition.
- There will be no leg rings provided. The only rings allowed are closed rings from PCGB/Isle of Man/EU rings and 2009 BWA rings.
- Only birds entered in the Show or Sale will be permitted in the Show Hall.
- All birds will be inspected on arrival at the show hall and the Organisers or their Stewards reserve the right to search show boxes at any time.
- The Poultry Club disclaims all responsibility for lost or mistaken exhibits.
- No entries can be accepted unless accompanied by the correct entry fee. Cheques or Postal Orders
should be made payable to The Poultry Club. If an incorrect entry fee is remitted exhibits are liable to be excluded.
- A parent or guardian must accompany all Junior Handlers at the time of judging.
- If the Show is cancelled after the closing date for entries, the Poultry Club reserve the right to treat any entry fee up to £30 as a donation.